Thursday, July 21, 2011

TOOK THE BAIT! CAUGHT A WHALE!

Well, I took the bait and .... joined my first live webinar.
Jeff sent the email about the
Will Richardson is providing Webinars. http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dfa2b25e8b508d24535e69e6d&id=0aaaf8056e&e=a7e6e372e0
and I signed up.

It went fine. I had never experienced the that before, so that was good for me. It was more about signing up for their services/class and courses. I did get to meet another first grade teacher who is trying to use technology in her classroom, so we were able to exchange "tweet" names. I also received some information from the moderator who is putting me in contact with other primary teachers who are already blogging with their students and who use some web 2.0 tools with their first grade students. So, that was the best! I so enjoyed reading Mr. Richardson's book but now need practical ways to implement some ideas and tools into the hands of non readers who are 6 year old. Collaborating and networking with other teachers who have already accomplished this feat will be awesome.

So, although I did not sign up for the webinar's course, or buy their services/product, I did get some very valuable information from it. I look forward to hearing from them soon with my contact names of my new "techie friends."

So, I took the bait on the is webinar invitation and I may have just caught a whale!
Here's hoping!!!
Reen




No comments:

Post a Comment