Friday, July 15, 2011

Looking for the hook

I have thought a lot lately about why some people simply love blogs while others think they are quite lame. My conclusion is that the difference between someone who thinks blogs are fabulous and someone who thinks they are a waste of time often depends on a hook.

Here a comparison might make this clearer.

If I were judging the value of magazines as a media type and was given issues of a fashion magazine and a NASCAR magazine, I probably would not be too thrilled with the use of magazines. On the other hand, if I were given a gardening magazine or a history magazine, I'd be more than happy to vouch for the brilliant uses of magazines.

So, I suppose what I am saying is that finding a passion to write about or a passion to follow will be one of the most important factors in determining if a person loves or hates blogs.

PS.
Note that we all have a great deal of control over what we choose to write about or learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment