Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Blogging

The concept of blogging is not new to me. However, I have not embraced it on a personal level.
I do not read blogs regularly, nor do I have a desire to do so at this time.
I realize that they can be quite informative and have had the personal experience of reading blogs when friends were ill and their information was being shared on carepages. It was helpful and very efficient. So, I understand how this type of media could and would be useful on a personal level.

The private vs. public debate on blogging would depend on its content for me. At this point I could listen to both sides. I tend to be a more conservative and private person so "blogging" would need to be selective blogging for me. Information based.

I have read some student blogs and have found them to be incredible and filled with information. I have read daily blogs from students on mission trips that were informative and well written. They were worthy of being read and gave the reader details and a sense of being right there with them.

I have had limited experience with blog writing with my first graders. During the past two years, we may have had a bit of a "blogging" experience. We had the students dictate sentence to us and we published them in a blog for parents to read. However, the students did not type the words themselves due to time and skillset. We also responded to "wikki" questions which I guess could be considered a blog response. Our students are seeing this type of technology being used on a very limited basis. I realize has the potential to be broadened and am looking to you all for suggestions on how to best do that with primary age students who are just learning to read, write and type.

At this point, I do not have tons of concerns about blogging. I realize my own hesitentcy with blogging and following other or reading other's blogs might be the first place to tackle.

Taking this course, listening to all of you guys and your expertise, your suggestions, and allowing myself to be more open minded, and less scared will help to broaden my technology horizons and allow me to take steps or leaps forward.
Looking forward to it all,
Reen





Professionally, I have not yet embraced this media. I am not sure if my passion is not there or if I am just not educated in this realm to know what to look for and how to get the information. But, for now, I am satisfied with email via friends and co-workers to keep me informed about daily happenings in my field of work.

Educationally, I think this type of media has a place

No comments:

Post a Comment