Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wikitydipitydoo

We're finally in a web 2.0 world, but we're just beginning to skim the surface of web 1.0 tools. I'll admit, I'm guilty of a web 1.0 classroom. I use my smartboard religiously and let my students come up to it and interact just like I used to on the blackboard in school. I graduated with my MA in Special Education in December 2008. That wasn't too long ago. At that time we were making the shift into 2.0, and would you believe that I didn't learn anything about incorporating 1.0 tools?!?! Fortunately I feel comfortable with technology and I do embrace it, and our tech department is also very eager to help us learn. It really needs to be a movement from within to get on our administrators and have them get on their superiors to make sure we are being taught with the times. We need to stop turning a blind eye to what is already years ahead of us. How far will schools get behind? How long until school is no longer the driving force for education? Or is our global connection, the web, our new school system?

No comments:

Post a Comment