Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Joanna Hess LTMS 600-0

The term "disruptive innovation" was a new one for me.... I found it quite interesting and often in the past have thought..... why replace systems, equipment, etc that are fine. But both in industry and education, it is imperative to keep making forward leaps for continued success. I thought a key statement in the video was "it is very difficult for an existing, successful organization to become dominant in a new market". Also, " it is easier to create a new organization , or buy one, than to turn around an existing organization". I thought the parallels that this speaker made with industry and education were excellent.
I enjoyed further looking at AUP's, CIPA and COPPA's, and the video that accompanied the topics. It felt good to get up and dance!!!
I'm not feeling as stressed out about all the new web 2.0 tools and look forward to trying some.
Posted by joannehess at 3:18 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment