Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ISTE 2010: Easy: Not Free

Interesting! I am amazed at how everyone wants something to make their job "easier". I never went into teaching thinking it would be easy. Instead of all of the stuff received in "Vendors' Hall", I'd rather spend the time chatting with fellow educators and sharing ideas and talking about successes in the classroom. All of the advancements in technology are great and they have their place, but we are teaching people and a free t-shirt is not going to help me to reach my students and be effective in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hear! Hear! I didn't visit one session while at ISTE this year. I spent my time in the poster sessions and student showcases, talking to the teachers and the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of sharing ideas. Isn't this how we are asking the students to learn by sharing ideas?

    ReplyDelete