Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blogs

I have not followed many blogs yet, but I plan on changing that now. I do know that my wife follows quite a few and really enjoys the interaction and opportunity they present.

I thought that the blog we read "Ilaw" was very thought provoking and informative. I was challenged to continue to dig deeper into my own thoughts and opinions about the possibilities and uses for this forum in a classroom setting. Also, the kids are already doing this, so what now grab the excitement and refocus them in a setting that promotes literacy, opinion building and open discussion/debate.

As for interacting with students via blogs, you must make sure things are covered and supported by your home administration!

1 comment:

  1. For me the fun part about reading blogs is to hear when teachers are talking about what's working and what's not working in their classrooms. I love to hear about how a tool is being used, although at times I many not agree with their evaluation of the results. But with each blog post I grow as a professional.

    ReplyDelete