Wednesday, August 3, 2011

... but first,

I am finding myself agreeing more and more with the modern concept of learning through collaboration. However, there is one point in particular that keeps me from jumping in with both feet: I have an awful big curriculum and only 183 days to get my students to be proficient in it.

I believe teachers can speed up the learning that goes on in collaborative efforts by focusing on the entry level skills which are necessary for collaborative success. Foremost, teachers must teach listening skills, as well as, polite ways to ask for someone to clarify what he/she means.

I'm sure there are other requisite skills, but I'm also sure that the ones mentioned here are essential for time-effective collaboration.

PS. As a reader of this post, do you have the skill to ask politely for clarification if you do not understand what I am trying to express?

No comments:

Post a Comment